She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

'Ze-bra'nd New Additions

Lately, I've been attracted to all things zebra.

Zebra accessories.


Zebra electronics.


Zebra interiors.


So when I found this little beauty of a chest hiding around a corner at my internship, I knew that it must soon be mine.


So I set it in the living room for all to admire and filled it with blankets. Talk about awesome AND functional.


Then I realized something: my zebra chest was all alone in a big-wide apartment of mainly traditional accessories. He'd stick out like a sore thumb in there all by himself!


So I made him some zebra pillow brethren.
Quadruplets to be exact.


Who cares that my living room is now a mixture of traditional colors, contemporary patterns and a splash of St. Patty's Day green? Look how happy they all look together.

Consistency is for old people!
Or at least people with money and know-how.

Plus, if there's anything I've learned during the past four months of endless interior decoration, it is that there are no rules. Just call it 'transitional' and no one will ever know you're full of bologna.

And now for a moment of apology.

I am sorry, dear readers, for not posting for (dare I say it) an entire month.

But you see, my days have gone something like this:
6:00AM - Wake up (or begin what will become the first of seven snooze button delays).
8:00AM - Be to work, ideally. Tardiness, however, may be overlooked should freshly baked goods be involved.
11:00AM - Spend an eternity looking for a parking spot. Trudge to campus. Die in class.
1:00PM - Grab a quick lunch. Drive to internship. Commence slave labors.
7:00PM - Drive home. Collapse on couch. Beg Gem to make food.
8:00PM - Play volleyball. Go country dancing. Swim. Light things on fire. General college life merry-making. Etc.
12:00AM - Contemplate going to bed. Decide to watch 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives' instead. Regret it all the next morning.

Rinse, Lather, REPEAT.

And so, can you blame me? I've really had the best of intentions.

But what would you do if you had the choice between sitting behind a computer another minute or running down and jumping into this:


Uh huh.
That's what I thought.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lol

Ann said...

Finally some humor to lighten my life. It has been a loooonnnngggg month!

Anonymous said...

I'd be in that pool as much as possible too! And I LOVE zebra anything ... really animal print anything! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...