She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Word to the Wise.

I'm bummed.
A week from today, I'm having my wisdom teeth out.
And will become wisdom-less.

They told me that I'd have enough room. That they'd all come up fine.
But apparently, they lied.

I'm bummed for two reasons:
A) Using 'I still have all my wisdom teeth.' for the game Two Truths and a Lie will no longer be possible.
-AND-
B) I have a large distaste for needles.
And I hear they are kind of a requirement for said surgery unless you would like to feel every crack and tug on laughing gas.

Granted, without pain but disturbing none-the-less.
Not to mention that I've never had laughing gas and therefore have yet to experience how it affects me personally. Come to think of it, I've never had an IV either.. So this should be fun.

Why am I willingly undergoing such procedure, you might ask?..
Oh, just because one of my wisdom teeth decided to be lame and fuse to my jaw before coming up completely. (And because I'm taking advantage of my parents' dental insurance while I still can. Love you Mom and Pops!)


Nice one, wisdom tooth. Real mature.

What did the other three, happily emerged wisdom teeth ever do to you??
Now they're all going to have to come out. And it's all your fault.

I cringe to think of the pain I endured while teething the first three. (In case you were wondering, 'teething' is equivalent to 'birthing' in the dental sense.) And I don't care that my sisters laughed at me when I complained at the time because it hurt! Sarah feels my pain.

And if I die from the terror of having a needle stabbed into my arm or say something in a half-drugged stupor that I would be horrified to reveal, I'll never forgive you.

They may call you wise, but I know the truth.
You are anything but wise. Dare I say it, foolish.

Because four gaping holes in the back of my head is not my idea of a pleasant weekend. No it is not.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Best of luck with the teeth! Hopefully they'll knock you out all the way so you don't have to be awake the whole time.

Anonymous said...

Uggg, how right you are, I do feel your pain. I would rather have them taken out than sitting through this pain indefinitely. (No idea if I'll EVER get these puppies out, no moolah...)
I have assisted with wisdom teeth extractions and man, they look like they suck. Not even gonna mince words here.
Good luck with everything, enjoy the chipmunk cheek aftermath.

Allyson said...

Not to mention no making-out for a while! What a bummer!

Vee said...

Chelsey was lied to, also! Probably a good thing she has her own insurance, since ours is pretty stupid. You two should go in together and have a blast being drugged up and gouged with needles. She, too, HATES needles.

Corinner-Elly said...

Well I wasn't nervous until I read your comment Sarah... :P Haha.

And Allyson, you turd! Don't I get enough crap from you?? lol.

And needles are scary...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...