She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Summa Cum Laude.

A little over a year ago, I announced via Facebook that I had finally earned my B.S. degree and was now determined to receive my MRS.

One of my friends aptly suggested that I take my time on the 2nd degree, "Have fun, travel and live!"

Today I am happy to announce that I did. And have.
I explored the UK with my family, spent a year living the life of a true college 'crazy person' with my roommate bestie/other good buddies and had so much fun it should be illegal.

And I'm even happier to announce that, true to my word, the diploma for my 2nd degree is on its way in the form of a little piece of paper I like to call 'marriage certificate'.

I won't actually be walking until June 30th. Commencement will take place at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple at 11:00 AM.


I'm particularly pleased with my class ring.
The designer did a superb job picking exactly what I wanted.

I fully expected that it would be on my finger when I came out of surgery. A little surprise for when the anesthesia wore off.

A fact I animatedly told my mom and all of the nurses as soon as I was lucid.
Or at least as far as they could understand, my mouth being stuffed with gauze and all.

Apparently, I'm a bit chatty when I'm drugged.
And don't follow instructions to stop talking very well.


When I told the BF , he said, "That would have been nice to know..."
Poor guy. But that kind of would have defeated the point of a surprise, no?

And even though things didn't go exactly according to plan and all of his grand ideas were thwarted, I wouldn't trade my simple late night front porch proposal for a grand recreation of our first date, the flashing lights of a JumboTron or all of the flowers in Red Butte Gardens.

I figure it's the perfect ending to the long lesson on patience that has been our courtship.

Because all those weeks of waiting became incredible worth it when he tried to slip that little sparkly ring on the wrong hand... It was adorable.

And believe me you, as soon as these holes in the back of my head heal up, I'm gonna give that boy a kiss he won't soon forget.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! Yay for earning your MRS.!!!!! Best degree yet ;)

Vee said...

LOOOOOVE the ring!! It's amazingly beautiful! I thought, maybe, you were going to skip the engagement and just do the wedding. Hope this little bobble helps your chubby little cheeks feel better, too.

Anonymous said...

Like I said before...
OMGOSH. I have been waiting and waiting anxiously and trying not to be obnoxious about this. But WAHOOOOOO!!!! I am so excited for you. June 30, two months! That is crazy! If you need help with anything let me know... ohhhhh girl. So excited.

Corinner-Elly said...

Thanks guys!! :)

I was a little worried myself. I had to just flat out ask him a few weeks ago if we were going to be engaged BEFORE we were married?.. haha.

And I think it does help the cheek chub. Yep. Sure does.

Vee said...

I'm quite sure you'll want to follow the tradition of wearing your brother's mother-in-law's wedding dress, so I'll just get that in the mail to you as soon as I get the age spots cleaned off!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again. I await a thorough description in the mail. Five pages neatly written with details. ;)

Unknown said...

that ring is so beautiful! What a cute story to boot!

F said...

hooray! you look happy! i'm so happy for you. best wishes! um, and that RING! woo! love it. well done corin's future husband!

Corinner-Elly said...

Vee, I hate to break this to you.. but there is no chance in 'you-know-where' I could ever fit into your wedding dress. :P But thanks for the gesture, haha.

Kajsa, I keep thinking I need to respond to your letter but I've been WAY busy at work and answering everyone's texts that I haven't been able to yet. But don't you worry, it's coming. :)

And thanks everyone! My ring is perfect! He earns major points for it. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...