She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WTH, OCD?..

I just don't understand people.

One minute they're praising my detail oriented manner when it comes to wedding planning, the next they're teasing me for handing out aesthetically designed color swatches.

They come home to enjoy a newly cleaned kitchen then promptly mock my desire to rearrange the fridge and straighten the towels.

On occasion, they observe my pristinely folded drawers with admiration then criticize my innate desire to hang up the shirts they seemingly abandoned on the floor.

Even at work, the office manager introduces me as 'the clean one' then eyes me suspiciously as I pick up the tiny white circles that have escaped from the 3-hole punch by hand.

And to top it all off, I am frequently complimented on my perfectionist talents then unabashedly teased for using them.

I can't tell you how many times the topic of 'Corinner-Elly's idiosyncrasies' has come up at Sunday dinner. It is rivaled only by chicken horror stories and infamous acronymical nicknames given to axe wielding perpetrators.

No one complains when I pull 'whatever they are in desperate need of at the moment' from my Mary Poppins purse, but they are oh-so-quick to intentionally skew my neat stack of textbooks or plop a heaping mound of refried beans on my nicely cleaned plate.

Sorry bus-boy, I tried.

All I'm saying is that 'people' should be grateful that they don't have to pull nasty black hairs out of gobs of toothpaste that were formerly stuck to the bathroom counter.

Then conversations like this happen, and I start to lose faith in humanity.


False accusations, I tell you. 
I can guarantee that if the TP had indeed been gone, I would have replaced the roll. Come hell or high water, it would've been done.

Plus, she should be thanking me that I've taught her such valuable lessons such as 'shutting the shower curtain'! Not everyone has a sister that loves them that much.

Even the fiance acknowledged that it only took forgetting once to reform him. I'm that good of a teacher.

Now.. this all may come across as very condescending and/or hoity-toity, but I do it out of love, people. LOVE.

Here's the thing, I don't think my way is the ONLY way.
I just think their way is usually wrong.

I am more than happy to concede that there are other perfectly logically ways to do things. I just don't encounter very many people who are capable of  actually doing them well.

I repeat. Love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing right now, not at you, but because my poor husband gets "lovingly reminded" of things... out of love... Yes, it is out of love! It's because you want them to have a high standard of living and not suffer through the nasty.

Stefanie Kay said...

I LOVE your blog. it always makes me laugh. And Corin, please know that I love you and your organization obsession... I only wish I was as incredible at it all as you are!
but............. you shut the shower curtain?? Like, when no one is in the shower? Doesn't that scare you? Personally, I hate it when I go into a bathroom and the shower curtain is shut. I have to open it, or at least check behind to make sure there isn't a murderer hiding in there! Perhaps I'm more paranoid than I am proper though!

Corinner-Elly said...

Seriously!! It's for their own good! :P

And that is a valid point about murders and what not.. But the way I see it, I'd rather peek around the curtain to check for bad guys than stare at the hairs stuck to the soap bar. That sounds far more terrifying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...