She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oh Yes I Did.

April 13th was 'National Scrabble Day'.
It's a sacrilege how few people know that.

I had planned to spend the evening playing a rigorous game of Scrabble Diamond Edition with the fiance (formerly referred to as the 'BF') and eating Scrabble Cheez-Its in celebration.

He, however, was subsequently invited to a Salt Lake Bee's game where he volunteered to dress up as a giant ice-cream cone and race a hot dog and a slice of pizza around the field.

Why?.. You might ask?
Beats me if I can think of a valid reason.

Let's just say he almost won. 'Almost' meaning he tripped during the final stretch, fell fantastically and lost to a hot dog. (He claims, in defense, that the hot dog had an unfair advantage, being more aerodynamic and all. And it's hard to see when you're a giant ice-cream cone. Apparently.)

It's a story that's best heard in person.
Ask him about it.

The point being, when I got back to an empty apartment that day, feeling a little sad that I was going to be all alone for the evening, I found a little surprise waiting for me on the kitchen table.


The fiance (BF at the time) had taken his enormous stash of miscellaneous Scrabble tiles, purchased for my Valentine's Day surprise, and left me a little message.

Let's just say he was immediately forgiven for deserting me on perhaps the greatest of unofficial holidays. And for causing me more mending work by ripping his pants in the 'Great Ice-Cream Cone Fiasco of 2012'.

Remember that. It's goin' down in history.

You might also remember the greatest thing I was ever given, FOR FREE. Namely, the world's comfiest couch.

So when I mentioned that I wanted to re-cover three of the pillows to look like Scrabble tiles but wasn't sure what letters to choose, the fiance exposed his genius and suggested his (and soon to be MY) last name.

And thus, the NAY Scrabble pillows were born.


Don't they look gorge!?
I know someone who uses this as a slang abbreviation for 'gorgeous'. Decided I'd try it out. See how it feels. (Update: I don't like it. Tastes like word vomit. 'Delete' from brain.)

Oh, and P.S. The Scrabble fridge tiles are still in good use.
And have expanded to include a :), :(, :P, ..., " and :D. Among other things.


Now spelling out happy little messages is a breeze!
Not to mention more grammatically correct.

So there you have it.
I'm obsessed with everything Scrabble.

Someone please buy me this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Scrabble! :) One of my favorites!!

Vee said...

So glad that word vomit left a bad taste in your mouth. My eyes hurt from reading the silly word.

Possible blog names for fiance...Nay-boy, Nay-man, Conebutt(in honor of the Hot Dog incident of 2012), Smarty Pants(for choosing you).

Corinner-Elly said...

eheheeh... Conebutt.
But he is definitely a smarty pants. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...