She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Taking Credit.

As many of you may already know, the fiance and my announcements were stamped and sent sometime last week. And we're still suffering from the aftermath of glue poisoning. My mouth tasted like paste for two days.

And it was all for you, I hope you know.
Because you.. are worth it.

They turned out amazingly, if I do say so myself.
I've received compliment after compliment about how they are so 'unique' and that they have 'never seen anything like it before'.

Win and win.

Here's a little preview if you have not yet received one: (speaking of which, if you would like a hard copy, just leave your address in the comment section and I'll be sure to make it happen.)

Front:

Inside:

Back (when opened):

I also have a confession to make..
Remember when I ranted about never getting credit for all of my hard work?

Well.. I may or may not have taken all of the credit for the fantastical graphic design on our announcement, completed by my amazing sister Jenny of Design Gone Wild Photography.

Granted, I did fulfill my duties as Art Director of said project by providing the inspiration and specifications, as well as adding the finishing touches. But it was her blood, sweat and tears that brought my genius to fruition.

So when the printing company (who I shall NOT name even though I am VERY tempted to reveal their unprofessional marketing promises which they do NOT live up to..) was impressed with the layout and asked if I had designed them on my own, I replied with a resounding "Yes."

Will it make you feel better if I told you I felt bad about it later?..

Of course, not bad enough to tell the complete truth the next time someone asked. Or the next. Or the next.

Who's to say what's a 'little' help and what's 'a lot'?..
It's all relative right?

And it's really a time saver to just claim the glory on my own without having to go into the long, drawn-out details of who did what under whose supervision.

I guess what I'm trying to say is karma's a b**ch.
And that Corinner-Elly has a very convincing shoulder devil.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your invitation. My very favorite part was the scrabble letter date. What invite from corinner-elly would be complete without scrabble letters?!

Oh yeah - the company that printed our wedding invites promised much and provided little as well. That was probably the most frustrating thing about our whole wedding. Well, that and the flowers. But that is another story.

Anonymous said...

They turned out so fun.
And as for the glue poisoning... we used a damp sponge! ;) Our tongues thanked us.

Corinner-Elly said...

That's the nice thing about making my flowers. :) I have no one to blame but myself if they don't turn out right!

And I totally should have invested in a sponge..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...