She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"I Do" & Something Blue.

Only three days left, people. THREE. DAYS.
My parents' house has been invaded by two out-of-state sisters and their combined eight children. Needless to say, craziness abounds.

But it's my favorite kind of craziness.

I watched yesterday as my nephews woke up Gem by using a small toy ball-popper to blow air in her face while simultaneously tickling her feet.
It was precious.

I mean, I am in no sense of the word a morning person, but I can't think of a better way to wake up than by being ambushed by two giggling youngsters.

Typically, getting ready for the day is a monotonous task. But today, before I had even showered, I had convinced my 4-year-old niece that the blue whitening strips I had applied to my teeth immediately after waking up were actually my real teeth, which inexplainably turned blue every morning. She nodded back, entranced and wide-eyed.

Moments like this are my favorite.
I love hearing little voices everywhere I go.

However, I do not love answering the same questions surrounding the wedding over and over. Therefore, to save time and sanity, I will give you a quick run-down. And hopeful dispell future repetative redundancy.

My name is Corin Haymore.
I am marrying my fiance, Daniel E. Nay, on June 30th at 11 AM.
The 'E' stands for Elonzo. (Not to be confused with 'Alfonso'. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.)
The sealing will take place in the Mount Timpanogos Temple.
I am NOT nervous. Just excited.
Contrary to my niece's belief, babies are not included. Yet.
Immediately following the ceremony, there will be pictures.
All you need to do is stand and look pretty. Smiling is preferrable.
Yes I know it is June. Yes I know it's hot.
It'll be fast, I promise.
Just count your blessings that you won't be wearing a heavy, corsetted dress.
Beautiful, mind you, but restricting.
Stop worrying about posing and rules and schedules. Everything will work out.
Then there will be a luncheon.
It will be in a chapel.
You will be provided directions.
Stop hyperventilating.
Once you're full and satisfied, you can disappear. For approximately 4 hours.
In the meantime, we will be taking bridals & groomals. (Yes, it's a word.)
And making sure that everything is ready for the reception.
I may try to fit in a short nap, but I'm guessing it's unlikely.
The fiance has other ideas on how to use the time..
Don't read into that.
At six sharp, family photos will be taken at the reception site.
As well as other clever arrangements. Thank you Pinterest.
Then you will all come and see me!! Hopefully.
A pleasant assortment of refreshments will be served.
And peacock feathers will abound.
You'll know you're there when you see the Italian lights.
Once again, I realize it's June.
And that it get dark much later.
Thank you for enlightening me for the um-teenth time. (Pun intended.)
They will still look amazing.
I will only be standing in line from 7-8.
Any longer and I will die. Plus, I refuse.
Make sure to sign the guest calender and take a picture of something.
Spell out a Scrabble tile message.
Kiss a baby.
The whole she-bang.
Feel free to stay and eat zebra cake. I don't want leftovers.
(No seriously. I'll have put my blood, sweat and tears into that thing.)


Perhaps even catch a cash bouquet?..
And send us off in a blaze of glory. Or something like that.
We will be spending the first night at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake.
In the Sultan's Palace.
The bed is on the back of two elephants. It's legit.
After that, we'll roadtrip through Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.
Staying in hotels, every night.
You really think I'd spend my honeymoon in a tent?..
I mean really, people.
We even get to meet up with the fiance's missionary brother.
And take him to dinner and a rodeo in Red Lodge.
Actually, he'll be 'the husband' by then. But you know what I mean.
I'm excited.
And the rest is history.

Or at least it will be.
Once the present is over and the future is behind us. Confusing much?

Just pray that I don't lose my sanity before then.
Or wake up with blue teeth.

And that people don't suck the very life from my body with a barrage of useless questions and miniscule/unimportant wedding details.
But mostly the blue teeth thing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Corinne, how I love your sarcastic/blunt ways. I was laughing so hard, Emma asked me if I was choking. seriously. My favorite line "The fiance has other ideas on how to use the time..."

Oh yeah, and you are brave. Now every single one of your friends (and from this blog, I gather that you've got a few with mischevious urgings) knows which hotel AND room you'll be in for you honeymoon. Do you know how many pranks you can pull in a hotel room?! It is time to start doing some serious pinky swearing. You'd better talk to his friends too. (I promise, this doesn't fall into the "unimportant wedding details" category.)

Corinner-Elly said...

Haha. I'm glad you're amused. :)

And uh-oh... I didn't think about that. Let's hope they're not dedicated enough to drive all the way up to SL and convince the concierge to let them attack our room...

Anonymous said...

I love you. :)
And although you feel you have your wedding day planned out perfectly, just be prepared for things to go longer and for the day to whoosh past you. You will almost definitely not have time for that nap. It goes so fast!
It will be the perfect day though, filled with magic and wonder. ;)
So excited for you!

Allyson said...

Wow, the dinner with the missionary is cool! I love it when the church lets you do stuff like that.

F said...

wooo! i'm so sad i can't be there. by the way, are you nervous?

jk.

thanks for answering all my questions.

and happppy wedding! i'm SO STOKED to see pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...