She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Forever After.

Well, it's back to the old grind.
The wedding was perfect and the honeymoon was blissful.

That is.. minus the cake slowly melting in the sun and being chased by a buffalo through a small town in Montana. Practically.

Okay, okay. So the buffalo wasn't technically charging us, per say, but he was being corralled a block away by a troop of police cars. That was pretty sweet. The HUSBAND (weird!!!) got footage on that amazing phone of his.

But I'm not lying about the cake.
It really did have issues.

That and I forgot to tell someone to fill the Mason jars in the centerpieces with water so that the special 'floating' candles I spent extra money on would actually be visible.

Or the glass frame I shattered in my hurry to get everything ready for the reception.

Or the guest calendar that no one had any idea what to do with because I forgot to print some instructions and my nieces who were equipped with the needed information are easily distracted.

Or the guests who had to wait for a table to be vacated due to the number of people who attended. I was shocked that we had so many!

Or that my niece promptly burst into tears when her tiny 4-year-old self didn't catch the cash bouquet. Actually, that was pretty darn adorable. Don't worry, I soothed her tears with the promise of a special McDonald's trip in the future.

But that doesn't mean that they didn't start up again as soon as I stepped towards our get-away vehicle. I found myself instantly surrounding by a hoard of children hugging every visible body part. The smallest of which were wrapped tightly around my knees.

It was the best present I could have ever wished for.

Oh, but I should probably mention the $50 worth of disposable cameras that were left exposed to the sprinkler system for several days. That was lovely.

Developing those bad boys should be interesting.

And I forgot about the video not working at the luncheon, it being a kind of integral part of the program. Let's just say we were having a few technical difficulties. Namely, I'm a dunce and didn't realize that not everyone has movie maker on their computer.

That being said, I really shouldn't be complaining.
The weather was beautiful and there wasn't a mosquito in sight.

I was able to marry the man of my dreams and be surrounded by the people I love. I savored every minute of it.

Sometimes, I hear people say that they wish that they could have a do-over. That they wish they could experience it all again. And perhaps do things a little differently.

But as we drove away, the sparklers and shouts fading in the distance, we both smiled at each other perfectly contented. It really was a wonderful day.

We wouldn't change a thing. And we don't want a re-do.
We are going to have a forever's worth of wonderful days.


And droopy zebra cake really pales in comparison to eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cute cute person. You looked absolutely beautiful! And the reception was just magical.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...