She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Semi-Grand Tour

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present... *drumroll please*

My Apartment!
Well. The kitchen, at least.

I can't help but be proud of it. After all, it has been pieced together over the course of four years during various scrounging missions to the D.I. and dollar store. Not to mention all of the free junk I've been given. 'Junk' meant with all the love possible.

Our first exhibit: The Infamous Bakers Rack.


Bakers Rack: $35.00- found on KSL.
Plant: $10.00 for the red pot- grown from a clipping at my office.
Cookbooks & recipe magazines: free/forcibly given (in some instances).
Candles w/stands: $5.00- mismatched from D.I. and dollar store.
Photo carousel: $3.00- at D.I.
Cookie Jar: $1.00- at D.I., lid stolen from my mom &  repainted
Magnet recipe board: $2.00- at D.I.
Picnic basket: free, abandoned in one of the Wymount basements
Fall decorations: $10.00- at Dollar Tree

Stop two: Kitchen Table and Black Picture Frame Wall.


Table: (gratefully) not mine
Chairs: $10.00 a piece at D.I.- reimbursed by landlord
Placemats: free- stolen from home
Pampered Chef treat tote: free, stolen from home
(are we noticing a trend?...)
Variety of black frames: $15.00 collectively
Glass cube flower arrangement: free (in manner of speaking)- made during this week's floral design lab.

On a sidenote:
You'll be happy to know that I gave my creation to a 'supposedly' sick invalid as an expression of goodwill. 'Da Twinneh' was grateful for the gesture but didn't appear especially ill. Faker? Perhaps.

That girl will do anything for free egg drop soup, cream cheese wontons and flowers.

Around the corner you'll find the: Window Seat.


My pride and joy.
You can't really tell from this picture, but the base has three compartments, yet to be filled with an assortment of items in need of storage.

And for a closer look:


Now, for the break down.

Three throw pillows: $6.33 at Kohl's- call me the world's best coupon clipper
Bench: free minus a few bucks for the paint- my Dad helped me make it over the weekend
Cushions & fulcrums (of sorts): free- salvaged/created from some old camper cushions and drapes that used to hang in my sister's house
Various doo-dads: mostly free, a couple bucks for the frame

I never cease to amaze myself.

Which leads us to the main event: The Kitchen.



Boy Howdy, I wish I could add a splash of color on the walls. Someday.

A description of expenses in this room would take ten-gazillion years so, suffice it to say:

I found the rug stuffed in the bushes at a prior apartment.
The wrought iron wall art used to be wall sconces that were accidentally broken in the process of being hung. I suppose it's apropos that I like them better this way?...
Pretty much everything else has come to me free of charge but let's face it.

That's just how I like it.

We're coming to our last stop: The Sad & Lonely Refrigerator


I take that back. I guess he has the garbage can for company.
Some consolation that is...

The main purpose of this view is to show of our adorable aprons, all sewn by muah. We're so crafty.

All this tourin' is making me tired. Which reminds me...
I didn't even make my bed.


I know what you're thinking: Who hacked Corinner-Elly's account and is spreading such malicious falsehoods?!

But tis' true. Tis' true.
I'm morphing into a normal person who doesn't ceremoniously make her bed every morning.

I sense some disbelief.

3 comments:

Alese said...

I can't believe you would doubt me. Just for that I'm gonna come over and cough all over your newly made window seat (and possibly your toothbrush just to ensure you get whatever I have). I'm apalled. :P Does this look like a face that would lie to you? Believe me inside I felt like I should have looked. But I had to look presentable for work. Next time you drop by maybe you should warn me and I can mess up my hair, put on a ratty t-shirt, and moan alot. Sheesh la weesh. I can't believe you.

Corinner-Elly said...

Hehehe. :D
I was hoping for such a response.

Shauna said...

Your apartment is really nice and classy. I am impressed but not surprised. The unmade bed hmmm. I can't believe it. Maybe you are not completely anal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...