She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One Lucky Dog.

Last summer, I blogged about my determination to find the perfect man-dime.
I didn't realize at the time that he was right under my nose.

It was only after several people mentioned how 'great we'd be together' or commented that we 'should definitely date' that I even entertained the idea of pursuing him.

And it wasn't until a late night 7-Eleven run with my BFF Lacy-Hacy when she forcefully declared that I needed to 'forget what everyone else wanted' and 'think about myself for a change' that I finally made my decision.

He needed to be MY very own man-dime.

The man-dime in question was oblivious to my decision at the time, but after many hints and repeated suggestion, he finally got the idea. And believe it or not, though married 10 months later, he still took his good sweet time makin' a move(s).

So last weekend when we discovered, to my horror, that the foot-long corndogs at the state fair were a whopping $7 a pop, and I had to logically forgo the delight, he knew I was understandably bummed.

But my man-dime made up for the loss when he purchased me a replacement foot-long corndog from the Provo hospital cafeteria a few days later for a $2.50 steal of a deal.


This is what true love is people.
I know, because that is only the tip of the iceberg.

My man-dime proves his worth everyday.
How, you might ask? Observe.

How to know you married a gentleman:
1) He gets honestly upset if you try to open your own door.
2) He is courteous about bodily noises.
3) He puts down the toilet seat (and lid, I might add).
4) He follows your OCD rules about leaving clothes on the floor.
5) He loves a sharp looking three-piece suit.
6) He always says 'please' and 'thank you'.
7) He refers to you as 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous'.
8) He insists on knowing your opinion before making a decision.
9) He lets you take the better half of anything you split.
10) When you suggest doing something fun, he responds with, "But I haven't finished the dishes yet.."
11) He goes all the way down three flights of stairs to change the laundry and then folds it all on his own when your sister happens to call and chat.
12) He texts you sweet messages out of the blue practically every day.
13) He puts hot sauce on his food so that you don't burn your taste buds off in an effort to appease his iron stomach.
14) He spoons on command even though you are both human heaters and no amount of A/C pointed directly at his face would make a difference.
15) He remembers how you like the pillows placed and occasionally makes the bed without being asked.
16) He says the prayer every morning after you roll out of bed because he knows you're too sleepy to mutter anything coherent.
17) He doesn't complain when you keep reorganizing his things.
18) He tries to act interested when you turn into a baby-hungry pile of mush.
19) He gets you a blanket when your feet are cold.
20) He doesn't mind when you post lists like this. (Too much.)

That last one especially.
That's how you know you've really got a 'weinner'.
(Hehe. Inside joke. And also, I couldn't resist.)

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Really got a weiner! Lol Seriously he's a good one!

Corinner-Elly said...

Don't I know it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...