She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Out With the Old.

For the past year or two, I've been all about sending people greeting cards on their birthday. Call me old-fashioned, but I still think it's fun getting something in the mail. (Especially if it has a check..)

The husband understands this excitement. He loves opening packages. The minute they arrive, he texts me asking if he can unearth their contents. And most of the time it's lame stuff, like toilet paper and lamp harps. But he still loves it. I think it's the thrill of the unknown.

Needless to say, we both love surprises.

That being said, every time I head to the store to stock up on birthday cards, I find that one theme in general is always surmount: getting/being old.

 
On the one hand, I find this irritating. I need variety here! Not to mention when I wish people a happy birthday, I generally try to avoid being insulting. Granted, if the card is too funny to pass up, I may occasionally purchase one that is more on the teasing side, but as a general rule, no. 

On the other hand, sometimes it's just unavoidable. I think when a person reaches a new decade, it's kind of mandatory to tease them about their age.

That being said, today is my sister, Katerina Cupcake's, thirtieth birthday. That's a big 3-0 people. And I totally forgot to send her a birthday card mocking her old age! Don't worry, I still sent a card, but I totally missed out on a choice opportunity here.

So let me just take the chance to give a little shout out to my aged next-oldest sister. Happy birthday Katerina Cupcake! You're and oldie but a goodie! :)

There. Now I feel better.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

you get toilet paper in the mail? WTH?

Corinner-Elly said...

It was free shipping and a really good deal!! Don't judge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...