She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Purty. Purty Flower!

I'm a Renaissance woman.
Do you know what that means?

Let me tell you. Ah hem.
Renaissance man (or woman): a highly cultivated man (or woman) who is skilled and well-versed in many fields of knowledge, work, etc., as in the arts and sciences.

If you spout a 'country girl' slam, I will make your brain explode.

The point is, I even amaze myself.
Mostly recently, I have blessed the world with the gift of floral design. The likes of which have never before been seen.


My sister commissioned my services in the creation of a flower display, of some sort, to adorn the top of her TV bureau. I'll have to admit, I went a little giddy when she told me I had free reign. Here's what I came up with:




And now for a close up.
So that you might be exposed to its full whimsical fantastic-ness.




And that's not even all! Listen up if you wish to be shocked and amazed.


Here's how it went down.
1) Went to Hobby Lobby (officially re-named 'Corinner-Elly Heaven') and purchased all of the flowers and woody twig balls for 50% off. That's right. 50% off. Not only that, but I had also saved a 60% off mailer coupon for just such an occasion. Boo. Yah.


2) Stopped by Michael's Art and Craft to pick up some moss and serendipitously found the bread basket love of my life. But that's another story.


3) Made my weekly DI rounds and came across two perfect distressed bronze candle trays that would serve perfectly as a base to my imagined arrangement. Amongst other things... (Such as two BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Pampered Chef stoneware pans! $3.00 for a 9x13 and $1.50 for a bread pan. Bow to me now!)


4) Buzzed on over to Dollar Tree for the floral foam and extra glue sticks. (My supply was dwindling rapidly. Who knew college roommates were so 'hot glue gun' starved?...)


5) Worked my magic. No wand necessary.


Ya see. The problem is, once I get my mind set on something, I can't stop thinking about it 'til it's done. So from conception to execution took about, oh, three hours or so.


I've come to accept that I will die of anality.


But what's more important to understand: the whole ta-do cost a grand total of (wait for it...) $35.00! And that includes this amazing curly willow bouquet I made for a modern little vase by her bed.




I'm just tickled pink with how it all turned out.

These are the moments when I don't mind so much to be greeted with, "I've decided what the next project you can do for me is!" -OR- "You need to come help me with this. Now. "

After all...
that's what we Renaissance women are for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...