She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pointless Holidays.

Happy Colombus Day everyone!
Do you know what this means!??

Neither do I.

I thought holidays were about celebration?...
So how is it that I'm at work... on a holiday?

By all accounts, it doesn't make any sense.

I think it's a travesty to call Columbus Day a holiday.
And tell me why, exactly, we commemorate Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday on an annual basis? Washington too. They're not the only human beings who've ever done something noteworthy. Why do they get special attention?


At least I get a break on Labor and Memorial Days.
Even if I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing to celebrate...

I think if the government is going to fabricate silly holidays and then do nothing in order to set them apart from the mundane, we should find creative ways to celebrate on our own.

For instance:


Brilliant, no!?

I plan on doing exactly that this afternoon.
Okay, maybe 'house' can be loosely interpreted as 'Lacy-Hacy's room' here, but you get the idea.

If you're not so dedicated, you can always visit someecard.com where they have a hilarious assortment of Columbus Day ecards for your viewing delight.

I am.
And will be for approximately the next hour and fifteen minutes at which point my shift will end and I will be heading to the D.I. in search of my imagined Halloween costume.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...