She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Are You a Rotten Banana?...

Do you remember when I mentioned the game Bananagrams in my last birthday post?

I'm sure you probably don't, considering that post was a small novel (novella?...) which, for all intents and purposes, was most likely put in the blog vomit category by the majority of you.

Regardless, Banangrams is my new favorite. I carry it around in my purse everyday just waiting for the opportunity to break it out and whoop some unsuspecting relative, friend or stranger.


The object of the game is to create your own personal Scrabble board of sorts, continually adding letter tiles as the round commences until they run out. At this point, the first person to use their final tile in connecting a variety of words in crossword fashion, wins the game.

However, if the players scan the supposed winner's tiles and find an incomplete or incorrect word, that player is deemed the 'rotten banana' and must return all their tiles to the center of the table while the remaining players continue the game until someone else can produce an acceptable arrangement.

I love games that allow you to banish players...

During play, several punny 'banana' terms are used such as 'split' to start the game, 'peel' to alert the group to their obligation to draw another tile and 'dump' to allow a player to swap one of his bad tiles for three potential good ones.

Actually, how does the word 'dump' apply to the word 'banana'?...
I'm not sure I want you to answer that.

Word to the wise: if you are inherently talented with the ability to form words quickly and effectively, allowing you to yell 'peel' 40 consecutive times, you will be tarred and feathered.

In any event, it is an addicting good time.

Perhaps my favorite element is the little banana pouch that the letters come packaged in. It's just so cute... I'm gonna die!

But the best news of all is that the company who created Bananagrams has come out with other letter games revolving around fruit! I have yet to play Appleletters or Pairs in Pears, but oh I plan to. Very soon.

My only concerns are: will I be still able to tote my already massive purse once it contains all of these fruit pouches? Are they worth their weight? Am I a crazy person?

I'm here to answer: probably, most definitely and yes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...