She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tater-tot Syndrome

As you can see (but I'm sure probably didn't notice), I have been updating my blog design.

In case you have never participated in such an undertaking, I'll give you a brief update on what that entails: painful, agonizing, death otherwise known as HTML code.

It's a completely different language, I tell ya.
All I wanted to do was adjust a few margins and fill some empty space, but it took two hours worth of fiddling to get anywhere and I'm still not perfectly happy with it.

Ah well. Good enough for who it's for.
Burn!...

I learned some useful tips and tricks at one point, but I appear to be experiencing some memory loss because I can't seem to recall a thing?...

It's probably because I suffer from a rare disease: tater-tot syndrome. I mentioned it once before quite some time back but I didn't expand on the details.

To do so adequately, I should probably just tell you the whole story.
So just sit back, pop some popcorn and relax because it's one of my favorites.

*ah hem*

Once upon a time, Corinner-Elly and 'da twinneh' were in high school and loved to visit their local Sonic drive-in every time they possibly could. They delighted in an assortment of various menu items including corndogs, toaster sandwiches, popcorn chicken and mozzarella sticks. But perhaps the most universal of choices was a side of tater-tots to perfectly compliment any meal.


So off they went, steaming bag of goodness set lovingly between them. 'Da twinneh' happened to be driving on this occasion (as she did almost 100% percent of the time due to her insistence and her sidekick's natural submissive nature) so Corinner-Elly began to distribute the goods.

Due to either a lack of funds or an error on a Sonic worker's part, she found there was only one order of tater-tots to share between the pair. They decided this shouldn't be a problem due to the fact that they loved each other and they really didn't have any other choice.

To ensure personal safety while driving and a 2:1 tot ratio, Corinner-Elly maintained guardianship of the meal, offering her driver companion a bite every so often. Before long, the carton contained a single lonely, remaining tot.

"Do you want this?", Corinner-Elly benevolently offered her sister.

"Sure.", 'da twinneh' replied, reaching deep into the container.

For several seconds, she rummaged around, searching with her fingers for the promised reward. But there was none to be found.

Puzzled, she turned to Corinner-Elly,
who began to chew, slowly...

"DID YOU EAT MY TATER-TOT!??", she demanded.

Confused, and slightly frightened, Corinner-Elly realized that she was indeed swallowing a piece of salty, crunchy goodness. This phenomenon could be explained in no other way than as an affirmation of her sister's inquiry.

"Yes..." she gulped, "I don't know what happened!"

Actually, Corinner-Elly knew exactly what had happened. Secretly coveting the last tot for herself, she had offered it to 'da twinneh' simply out of politeness, fully expecting her to decline.

However, by the time 'da twinneh' actually responded, she had already completed the transaction by popping the little beauty inside her mouth. Leaving 'da twinneh' feeling tricked an jilted.

"I'm sorry..." Corinner-Elly conceeded, "It all happened so fast."

There was no response from 'da twinneh', who stared angrily ahead muttering incoherent cursings under her breath.

The End.

So there it is. A story that will go down in twinneh history.
I don't think she's fully forgiven me yet...

But haven't you ever answered a question in your head before you actually got a response? I find myself doing it all of the time. Especially to all of the new people who have moved into my ward recently. I'll ask their name and before they can even answer me, I'll already have assigned them one.

It's a problem, really.

Especially when it's a question that I really do need to know the correct answer. I'm sure my family must think I'm daft after asking them the same thing for the bajillionth time.

"Okay. This time, FOCUS.", I'll tell myself.

But to be honest,
it hardly ever happens.

1 comment:

Alese said...

hahaha :D I wasn't mad at you, I don't even like tater tots! I just like to give you a hard time. As I remember it we spent the rest of the ride home laughing at what a weirdo you are :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...