She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, August 2, 2010

'Sofa', So Good.

Today is a good day.
Today is a GREAT day.

Before today, I lamented the ugly, hand-me-down, A-typical college student apartment couches that polluted my past.

Before today, I covered my eyes when walking past the living room in my soon-to-be-once-more apartment and cursed its sagging, hated frame every time I whacked my head on its retro wooden armrests.

Before today, I browsed sofa slipcovers in my spare time.

But Today. Oh, today.
I have a new couch.

FOR FREE.


It's so FLUFFY!!! I'm gonna die!

*new couch dance*
It's amazingly similar to the yard sale dance. 'Da twinneh' can teach you. (Results may vary.)

Isn't it fan-FREAKING-tastic!?!

It's so beautiful and cushy and... my new best friend!
I can't believe my luck.

I mean... little ole' me was just sitting at my desk, mindin' my own business when all of a sudden, presto chango, someone comes in with a flyer that needs to be approved.

"FREE!", it read.

'Twas love at first sight, I tell ya.

And thus, magic.
I convinced the warehouse boys ('men', to be politically correct) to pick it up from the lady's apartment and bring it back to be stored at the office for the time being. I'm sure they would have helped me out anyways but, for their generosity, I offered to make any dessert they so desire.

The consensus? Reese's cheesecake with an Oreo crust.
Doable. Oh-so-doable.

Pictures to come.

But back to the miracle at hand.
Remember these little grossies, described in all their disgustingness above?


The bad news is: they're not going anywheres.
Especially to the dump. Where they belong.

and don't even mention the DI.
Even homeless, blind people have higher standards.

The good news is: I purchased two new gorgeous chocolate suede slipcovers in an oh-so-hasty, spur of the moment, drastically life changing purchase!

*sniff*
Candy, Gem n' Lera.
You just better appreciate me.
We are gonna have such a sweet set-up in the Fall.

Which reminds me...
I have a roommate agreement to draw up. (Details to come.)

Better get crackin'.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...