She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Creations of Late

To begin, I would like to re-enact a small conversation that went something like this:

Ahem. *cough*

Sister #1: "Corinner, wanna go check if Moose is still sleeping?"
Sister #2: "And change Lil's diaper while you're at it?"
Me: "Um, sure."
Sister #2: "We should really stop pushing our children off on her."
Sister #1: "I'm visiting! I've got to squeeze in all the time I can!"
Sister #2: "Yah. I don't see myself stopping anytime in the near future either..."

Now, don't get me wrong, I love conversations like this.
They make me feel all appreciated n' stuff. :)

But still amusing, none-the-less.

I love my sisters. We're all so different yet freakishly similar.
Uncanny, idn' it?

Moving on to my creations as of late.
After finally whittling down my sister's resolve to ban any and all hair accessories from her wedding procession, I triumphed and made these little gems. The headband I picked up at Wally-World for a couple buck-a-roos and the blossoms were constructed from fabric scraps and beads/pearls stolen from my sister's jewelry making stash. (You know you love me.)


Kudos goes to Ellen of Poor Man's Wife for the inspiration. I actually co-owned her business for a short time and loved every moment of it. She's a real genius when it comes to couture.
As evidenced by one of my favorite headbands of all time:


And last but certainly not least, this weekend everyone and their dog was married. Seriously.
Thus, master gift-wrapping skills were required. You can't really see it too well in the photo but the tag has a little glitter heart.
*aw. sweet*

This concludes today's post.
Tune in next time.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Not amusing, not funny, not "what the?" but just plain entertaining!

Julie Rae said...

You are such a good sister. If it were me, I would have told them both that until you have children for them to help out with, you aren't doing sqwat!

Julie Rae said...

Oh, and the flowers are spectacular!

Corinner-Elly said...

Thank you. :)
I was just admiring the flower you are wearing in your Facebook pic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...