She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Space. The Final 'Pun'tier.

I love corny puns.
Doug from Savage Chickens understands this obsession.


Did I ever mention that he is the master of hilarious chicken antics, among other things? Well... now I have.

I also have a confession to make.
I'm kind of a Trekkie. So this comic speaks to me.
Not to mention that it combines three of my favorite things:
puns, Star Trek and sewing. Moving on...

This weekend was more fun than I deserve.

Of course... I felt sick & gross the whole time, none of my family showed up and we were forgotten in the church parking lot, but hey. I'm trying to forget such minor details.

It started off with celebrating Gem's graduation by going on a small road trip where we swam in the hotel pool, went to the aquarium and ate too much of everything.
Then, joy of joys, it was Homecoming: a sort of 'community days' in Lake Shore. It was excellent. I'd say better than most years.

I was bestowed (term used loosely) the honored position of creating the backdrop for the pavilion stage. Namely, a giant tree. Lying out on my living room floor, it looked ginormous! Nine feet by nine feet to be exact. Sadly, it was less than impressive taped up.


That's right. Call me Corinner-Elly.
I cook. I clean. I accept random charity projects from frazzled activities committee members.

And then, as if that weren't enough, I went to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti. That's a story in and of itself though I'm not sure I'm up to telling it again. Suffice it to say that there were entirely too many mis-communications, melodramatic lines and overly zealous hand gestures. But surprisingly, upbeat.

Oh! The activity this past Wednesday was a Bubble Blast. The pictures speak for themselves.


The wind that day was quite serendipitous.


This little fella had the time of his life trying to attack me with the bubbly solution. Luckily, I made tracks before the trend caught on and I was completely covered in suds.

We were surprised by how many actually showed up. There were only a few to start out but then the number practically 'bubbled'.

Did I say I love puns? Well I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...