She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

She's Said it a Million Times

A while back, I tried to make a deal with my mom.
To those unfamiliar with this process, it's quite similar to making a deal with the devil.

I wagered she could find it within herself to cease and desist in telling me the same cliche 'mommy rules' that I have been hearing for the past 20 years. Such as:
  • "Shut the freezer door TIGHT!"
  • "Wash your hands when we get home."
  • "Take some squash, please."
  • "Never leave water in my cast iron pans. They will rust!"
  • "You need to be drinking lots of fluids."
  • "Look in the mirror when changing lanes."
  • "Eat more fiber if you want to regulate your digestion."
... as well as numerous other reminders in regards to things that I have been doing (and doing well I might add) for a good long while.

 I bargained that, if she were to accept, she would receive a prize beyond measure. Something she has dreamed of constantly each and everyday for as long as I can remember:

Life without sarcasm. (Well... in my case... a 24-hour period. Tops.)

I was flabbergasted when she refused.

"Why!?", I begged as the hopes and dreams of a 'nag-less' existence faded from my glistening eyes.

"You and I both know that it can't be done.", she explained "We wouldn't last a minute."

"I guess so..." I conceded dejectedly, "But a girl can dream."

And thus, I continue to endure my mother's endless suggestions. *Bless her heart.* Granted she is the best mom in the whole wide world. I'm thinkin' that's her problem. She just too darn good at the occupation and all that it entails.
Pfff. Over achiever.

But don't worry about me. I've adopted a new philosophy.
Just smile n' wave. Smile n' wave.
Works every time.

In other news, I recently remembered that I never posted pictures of the UH-mazing bolero jackets I made for 'da-twinnehs' wedding. Aren't they perfect? Well... semi-perfect. I told a certain someone that it would be difficult to adjust a certain pleat in a certain sleeve if I were to shorten the length of said sleeve!
But would they listen?


nooOOOooo.


*sigh* oh well. Nothing a few safety pins couldn't fix.

4 comments:

Alese said...

you had to put the WORST picture of me on my wedding day didn't you

Corinner-Elly said...

Oh you.
Your WORST picture is still a glamour shot.

Shandi said...

So, I recently discovered the "light-hearted, frolicing romp" that is Corin's blog. Too funny, too funny. Highly recommended to the discerning reader who has had their fill of wholesome, scarcasm-free writ. Write on, enchanted one!

Corinner-Elly said...

HaHA! :D
Deal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...