She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Must'a Done Somethin' Good

I love green arrows.
They're a sign that God loves me.

You know what I mean. When you're trying to get to somewhere that requires you to drive through a gazillion-billion-trillion stoplights? And then, to your horror, you realize that you'll have to make a left at the next intersection and the light just plinked to yellow!!!

*Commence screaming.*

But no, wait! A shaft of light has broken through the swirling darkened clouds, to illuminate the most beautiful thing on God's green Earth.

An arrow. (Which also happens to be green.)

Breathe a sigh of relief because it is quite evident that some all-omnipotent power is watching over you.

Know what else is proof?
The DI.

Where else can you sort through piles of seemingly useless stuff in hopes of finding a real beaut'?

I love thrift shopping. Love, love, love. Gem will try to persuade you never to accompany me to the Dollar Store or DI. Don't listen to her. She's so full of it her eyes are turning brown.

And just as proof, here are just a few samples of my treasures.


I've decided that this is my color. (In case you were wondering after viewing my blog background theme...) I must have at least three articles of clothing in a variation of the exact same hue.

The only problem is that this jacket in particular must've been made in a box factory. Cuz' the thing was square as can be.


Well, not any longa'! Heh, heh.

I added two wide pleats on either side of the main structural back seam and now it's a fitted jacket in the prettiest color ever invented. Woo baby!


I also picked up this white blouse with gold and platinum pinstripes. I knew it had real potential from the moment I laid eyes on it.

Since the beginning of my TLC watching days, Stacie and Clinton from 'What Not to Wear' have advised me to accentuate the waist with wrap dresses & tops and to elongate the torso with vertical stripes.

Done and done.

The only problem was that it had nasty long cuffed sleeves which were anything but flattering.


But that didn't scare me one bit.
I used the fabric that was removed to make a wide button-less cuff for a short sleeve variation that turned out rather well if I do say so myself.

In fact, I am wearing it now.
At this very moment.

And by Jove, it looks good!

But let's not forget the last, and probably most important, way that I know God loves me.



After the laptop doctor did all that he could possibly do, aside from mountain-moving miracles, my laptop was still malfunctioning.

That was, until it decided to fix itself.
Crazy, I know.

After hard-shutting it off for the ump-teenth time, it decided to correct various system errors. Yes, tis' true. It will survive.

I'm just glad that I was finally given the Blue Screen of Life for once. "What's that?", you say?

Only just about the most thrillingly joyful appearance.

The Blue Screen of Death is much more ominous. Observe.


Dun, dun, DUHN!

See? Didn't that sound terrifying?
Ya know. Life would be so much better with sound effects.

'Da Twinneh' and I have discussed it many a time.
We're not talkin' personal theme music, although that, at times, is extremely entertaining.



We're talkin' eye plinks, shoe squishes and thought bubble pops. Spongebob style.

With screeching halts (literally), percussively intense death glares and un-realistically loud gestures.

The whole SHEbang.

*sigh*

Maybe someday...
If I'm really good.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I love the altered finds! Very nice. I don't know much about the blue screen of life, but I'm glad you found one. And my life *does* have sound effects! Haven't you ever driven with me? You, too, can have them. Try it, you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are one talented girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...