She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

14 Days of Valentines

I'm sure you've probably heard of the '12 Days of Christmas' before, but have you ever encountered the '14 Days of Valentines'?
Truth be told, neither had I.

The idea is that you give your significant other a gift a day for the 14 days leading up to Valentine's Day. There are several website that have printables with corny little phrases like "Valentine, how about you 'chew's me?" on a pack of gum, but after throwing up in my mouth a little, I decided to go the more personal (and hopefully less nauseating) route.

And so, without further ado, the BF's '14 Days of Valentines':

Day 1:1 love poem.


Made the card myself. :) I was rather pleased.

The next morning, I crept up the stairs and taped it to his door.
It was terrifying.

I kept imagining that he'd be leaving early for school or that someone would hear me and peek out their window or that a homeless bum would see me do it and steal my love note.

Needless to say, I don't handle administering surprises very well.


One thing's for certain, though.
I'm sure glad his last name is so easy to rhyme with.

Day 2:2 movie tickets.

Wasn't in the swing of things quite yet (in addition to my extreme terror when it comes to being sneaky - see above) so I forgot to take a picture. Suffice it to say, we saw Tower Heist, which is not exactly a great classic but worth seeing once.

Day 3:3 lemon squares.

By this time, the BF was practically darting out after waking up each morning, to see what surprise I had left for him that day. Little did he know that his presents wouldn't always be taped to the door.

Oh, ho-ho, no.
On this day there was a gleaming plate of lemon squares waiting on the stove.

Which looked a little something like...


I was late, okay!?

Just know that they were beautiful and delicious.
And that the BF finished off the rest of the pan the next day.

He loves those things, man.

Day 4:4 pictures of us.

After buying the BF a new wallet for Christmas, he commented that he needed a picture of us to put inside. So I figured, might as well kill two birds with one stone, eh?


Pretty self-explanatory.
But what you must know is that it is almost impossible to get a picture where both of us are smiling our 'normal' smiles. The BF thinks he's somewhat of a photo-bomber.

The turd.

Day 5:5 Cinnabons for my cinnabuns.


Okay, so I suck at remembering.
No picture again.

I also was guilty of forgetting it was fast Sunday and tempting the BF and his roomie with freshly baked cinnamon rolls, after which, they quickly caved.

 I'm going to Hell...

Not to mention my semi-corny pun.
Just know that it's an inside joke derived from a hilarious comedy sketch by Demetri Martin. ("Excuse me, are you Cinnamon Buns?” “You bet your sweet a** I am.")

Day 6:6 Sangrias.

In case you didn't know, Sangria is a Mexican soft drink the BF happens to love.


He almost left the apartment without finding his surprise that day. Which would have been a tragedy considering I'd left him 6 cold Sangrias in the fridge.

Day 7:7 minutes in heaven with 7-Eleven.

Get your mind out of the gutter!
It doesn't have to be dirty...


Also, I'm still amazed that there are sour punch straws that you actually USE as a straw! Mind blown.

Day 8: 8 songs that make me think of you.

Posted to his Facebook wall in a sappy display of lovey-dovey-ness.


All of which were country.
What is happening to me?...

Day 9:9 conversation hearts.

Which I plastered all over his car and he re-purposed to use on me for Valentine's Day.


Don't think I didn't notice. ;)

Day 10:a 10 finger massage.

Once again, harmless.


And administered in the most chaste way possible.

Day 11:11 ways to say 'I love you' texts.

My favorites included "I'll love you 'til the zombie Apocalypse. And even then, if I were a zombie, I'd never eat your brain." and "If feelings were Legos, my love for you would be the Death Star."

We're kind of nerdy. Get over it.

Day 12:12 sticks of peppermint gum.


I don't know why anyone would choose peppermint when spearmint exists, but the BF does. What a weirdie.

Day 13:13 kisses (chocolate and...).

If there were ants inside, it wasn't my fault.


I'm just saying, they may or may not have invaded the rest of my room in search of those delicious caramel centers. But I'm talking sugar ants here. They're tiny.

And you probably wouldn't even noticed if you'd eaten one...

Did I mention I love you? :)

And FINALLY.

Day 14:14 Subway subs.

You cannot even comprehend how much this present is fitting.


You might think gift cards are lame, but when you have a boyfriend who eats Subway for lunch literally everyday, it's practically the best gift in the world.

I am not even joking, he can sense the next Subway within a 50-mile radius.

So there you have it.
I spread out the love over fourteen days and he showered me with gifts for one.

I think they're are pros and cons to both methods, but in the end...


only one thing matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I steal some of your clever?
Thanks.

By the way, you two are freakin' cute. Get married already.

Corinner-Elly said...

Why yes you may.
And I'm workin' on it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...