She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ravin' at my Writing Desk

I've finally done it! Life goal accomplished!

Remember how my only professional ambition is to get a desk where no one can see my computer screen other than me? Well mission accomplished, because I am now sitting behind a desk in my own little corner at the top of the stairs. Have been for several months now.

You may think that sounds dreary, but there's a window...
Plus, I'm sort of a vampire when it comes to my preference of dark and cave-like surroundings.

You can also thank my recent re-emergence in the blog world for this advancement. If I had remained downstairs as a lowly cashier, my efforts to write entirely meaningless posts about random thoughts/happenings in my life would have been thwarted.

Now I'm free to type away.
I know you're real happy about that.

Granted, I do have a small heart attack every time someone pages my phone.
Why I think they can somehow see what I'm doing continues to confuse me?...

Regardless, I must have an incredibly guilty conscience. Why? I do not know.

It's not like I'm doing anything illegal.
Blogger is a safe site, right? I hardly think my computer's integrity will be compromised.

And the owner can't expect me to sit here and do nothing once I've completed my daily tasks, can he? Well... he probably can. But the point being: I'd rather pretend to be incredibly busy all day long by dividing my workload into littler pieces that are separated with small bouts of Facebook browsing and Blogger updates.

Genius, no?

And, I hate to brag, but I've pretty much perfected the 'pretend messy desk'.

(This duality is the source of all my problems.)

Granted, the 'piles' of paperwork are already completed and lie in neat little stacks that I try to place haphazardly. Not exactly the easiest scam for me to pull off successfully, but it seems to be working beautifully.

So there you have it. I'm calling my professional endeavors a huge success.
One, because I am able to fool everyone else into thinking I'm busy and two, because I just wrote this entire post at work.

Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.

3 comments:

Falling Stars said...

EVERYTHING about this post speaks directly to me :-=

Corinner-Elly said...

Haha. I believe it. :)

Ann said...

You are hilarious, and I am proud to call you sister!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...