She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Television Torment

Watching cable TV is torturous.
But I'm not talking 'The Bachelor' torture.

Because when Lacy-Hacy insists on watching a bunch of skanky bimbos pretend to fall in 'love' with a complete stranger, I am in my very own private hell.

No, no. I'm talking about a different kind of torture.
The kind of torture that takes place when you decide to watch 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' at 10 PM and suddenly have the urge to eat something wrapped in bacon and deep-fried.


That show is so deliciously addicting. I can't help but watch it every time it's on. And Guy Fieri? He's my hero. I want his job. So, so much.

If you're unfamiliar with the program, he pretty much travels around the US, visiting odd or unique little eateries that have been submitted as the best in the country and taste-tests all of their delicious food.

He's been to Utah several times: to the Red Iguana, Blue Plate Diner and, my favorite, Ruth's Diner up Immigration Canyon. It's the perfect place to eat after you visit the zoo. I highly recommend it.

As if that weren't torture enough! Every other commercial during the break is for Popeye's chicken & biscuits. Or at least, that's what it feels like.


And there's only ONE in Utah. At Hill Air Force Base, which is only accessible for those associated to military personnel.

This is cruel and inhumane treatment, I tell you.
Sure. Taunt viewers with delicious crispy goodness and then tell them that they can't have even if they wanted to.

Someone should put an end to this villainy.
That, or I could just stop watching cable...

*psh*

Let's not be ridonkulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moochies (in SLC) has been on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and it is SO good. Next time you're up that way, you should give it a try. If you like yummy sammies and sweet potato fries - now I'm hungry.

Corinner-Elly said...

That sounds delish. I'll have to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...