She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crack-a-'Shellac'in...

I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!
With whom, you might ask?

A little product I like to call Shellac.
Probably because that's what it is called, but no matter.

I was never one to religiously paint my nails until rather recently.
Granted, I did go through an acrylic nail phase in high school, but it eventually broke the bank and I quickly reverted back to plain ole' man hands.

You think I jest, but no.
My nail beds suck, I am prone to continual hangnails and I can't grow any semblance of a nail without it immediately tearing off for the life of me.

But in an attempt to hide the problem (and inspired by Lacy-Hacy's shiny black polish) I resorted to painting my nails every five to seven days, with touch-ups in between.

It was painful, agonizing torture, I tell you.
No sooner than I applied a perfectly gleaming coat, I would be enlisted to wash dishes or file paperwork and all of the majesty would be destroyed.

But then my genius sister, Jenny, made a discovery that would change our lives forever. Enter... Shellac.


A product that you paint on like polish, set in place with a black light and then stop to wonder how you ever lived without it.

There are a plethora of colors to choose from and the price is reasonable, granted more expensive than cheap-o polish, but well worth the end result.
No chips, cracks or dullness.

I can get my nails shellaced and not need another set until an entire two weeks later. It's a wonder of science, I say!

"Where can I get this magical-ness??!", you might ask, and my response to you is: I'm not sure.

You see, my beloved sister Jenny gives me these manicures free of charge in exchange for, well... I dunno. Being the goddess that she is.

And if I didn't love her before, I certainly do now.
Uhh... that came out wrong.

Just know that I'm full of appreciation.

And that I very well may die Sunday (my usual appointment day) because she is currently vacationing in Cancun and won't be back until Tuesday.

*deep breaths*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you get my hopes up like that? I need. My nails have the same problem as yours did. "Oh, my nails look so long and pretty toda- *CRACK* ...nevermind."

Corinner-Elly said...

Well just because you don't have access to my sister doesn't mean you're horribly mangled. :)

I bet a lot of salons around have shellac now. In fact, I'm positive they do.

Michelle said...

I'm with sarah on this one. You can't leave me hanging like that. I hate painting my nails cuz they never last more then a day, i must find this stuff!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...