She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Not So Hidden Talents.

I have very recently received a complaint from one of my favorite (self-proclaimed) blog stalkers for not posting frequently enough. He claims that he can't creepily stalk me if I don't write on a regular basis and that without doing so, all purpose has been driven from his life.

I had no idea I was causing such anguish.
I apologize.

That being said, I'm not exactly sure what you'd like me to be writing about Phil? I mean... unnamed stranger...

I have an amazing post planned for the 15th, complete with many-a-picture, documenting the 14 Days of Valentines I am currently doing for the BF.

But that probably doesn't appeal to you...
Much too gushy.

However, I may have just had an epiphany.
Involving last night and my ward's 'un'-talent show.

It was (how shall I put it...) interesting?.. Special?..
A 'unique' assortment of 'unique' talents from very 'unique' people.

Yah. We'll go with that last one.


Let's just say there were plenty of 'cat-lady' and 'wheel-house' performers.
If you know what I mean.

In any event, it was definitely an experience.
My question is this: At what point does/should a person realize whether or not they are talented enough to perform successfully?

Personally, I learned very early on that, though talented, I have an extreme aversion to flaunting said talents in front of large crowds.
It inevitably leads to disaster.

Yet... not everyone has this little inner voice telling them when they need to give up the dream and stop embarrassing themselves...

Apparently.

Because for a good majority of the show, we were writhing in pain.
Or at least, the BF was. It was a probably a bad idea to sit front and center.

Because no amount of nudging/whispered threats could keep that boy from making the 'expression of death' at whoever the offending performer was.

I think eventually he just went to his happy place in that fantastical brain of his and started thinking about the trap doors and hidden rooms he's going to build in our future house.

I however, remained attentive.
Trying my best to squeeze any ounce of appreciation for these people's 'talents' that my soul could muster. It was exhausting, I tell ya.
Sucked the life right outta me.

And like any good audience member, I clapped for every performer.
More enthusiastically for some then others, but that's allowed.

Maybe that's why I like blogging so much.
I can display my talents quietly without being subjected to the pity smiles and polite applause that I would undoubtedly receive in person.

Yep. I'm smarter. But then again, I am memorializing all of my weirdness for the world to read forever...

I guess some people never do learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, yeah, "anonymous complainer" man isn't alone. I was sad when your posts became fewer and farther between!

Corinner-Elly said...

Good to know. :)
I will definitely have to remedy this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...