She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, February 6, 2012

I Love Me a Good Parody.

I'm sure we've all seen the poster that optimistically encourages you to 'keep calm and carry on', whether it be on Pinterest or the cover of a small book inside a gift shop in Scotland's Edinburgh Castle.


I've seen it both places.
(I may or may not be rubbing in my awesome travels.)

Regardless, I was immediately drawn to its clean design and simplistic look. There were several different pocketbooks to choose from, each featuring a unique variation of the phrase.

Naturally, I chose the more realistic route (for me at least) and purchased a small book of quotes documenting the pessimistic side of life.


It was a wise purchase. Now it sits in my living room, practically begging someone to pick it up and feel depressed.

But what you probably haven't noticed was the explosion of similarly worded posters since this clever little beauty was created. Some of my favorites include:





People never cease to amaze me with their cleverness.
That is, until their 'cleverness' becomes so cliche that I begin to hate whatever it was that was so cool in the first place.

Facebook tends to have that effect.
I mean, come on people. At least try and be original.

But I guess if all else fails...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You totally answered my question! I have been wondering what all the "keep calm and..." stuff was about. And getting tired of it. Thanks for saving me a google search.

Corinner-Elly said...

No problem. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...