She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's a Complicated Emotion.

I love today!
But I hate today...

But I love it at the same time!

It's so confusing!?...

Example:
I love today because I got all dressed up and adorable for a class presentation. (I looked 'zazzy' according to some.)

But I hate today because I slipped on an ice patch while on my way to the office, while wearing heels none-the-less,  producing an epic FAIL.

But I love today because no one was looking...

Another Example:
I love today because I got an A on my presentation and everyone loved my banana muffin with scrumptious cream cheese icing. (Including the girl who downed 3 then proceeded to tell me they were better than her mother's.)

But I hate today because people are long winded and certain students should be forcibly muted and/or maimed when they refuse to stay in their allotted 5-7 minutes.

But I love today because (after cursing the world and its ice puddles who are determined to undermine my attempts at walking successfully in heels) I decided to park in a stall strictly reserved for faculty. And *crossed my fingers* wha-do-ya know?

Did NOT get a ticket. BOO-YAH.

Three hours in some poor professor's parking spot.
Rebel, baby. REBEL.

Yet Another Example:
I love today because I found this on my phone:

 Lil' present left by my niece Jess-Jess.

But I hate today because I also found this on my phone (taken whilst I was unawares): 

(Scaled down for your benefit.)

I need to teach that girl a little lesson called 'Double Chins Aren't Attractive' and possibly the follow-up course 'Why Corinner-Elly isn't Photogenic'.

But I love today because I also found a certain highly blackmail-able photo of Gem that I plan on keeping in my personal arsenal until needed. (Muahahahahaha.)

As if There Could BE Another Example:
I love today because it was a cleaning check day which therefore meant my apartment was sparkling. (As opposed to 'gleaming', which I insist upon every other day of the week.)

But I hate today because, after a fresh Windex job completed on my bathroom mirror less than 24-hours prior, I came home to this: *cue hysterical screaming*

The audacity! The unmitigated gall!

Why yes. That is a drowning T-Rex. Candy you fantastic artist you.

Lucky for me, Gem found her window crayons.
Remember something about blackmail?... Yah. Me too.

Hunchback dolphin???... I can't even love sea creatures with birth defects!

"Here is your Christmas present.", it reads.
April Fools comes soon my friends. Very, very soon.

But I love today because paint washes away but friendship doesn't. :) (Awwww... Go hug a kitten. It's that moment.)

Why yes. That is a little man (possibly someone we know?...) riding a levitating saddle on a giant chicken. It happens.

Don't ask me what Davey-Baby is doing in this photo.
I really have no idea. WOOF.

(That's what you say when someone's doing something you don't approve of.)
We've decided.

2 comments:

Gemily said...

Did you notice, in the last picture, you got the chick I drew right around my head, and made me look like a lion... :(

Shauna said...

Very nice! I enjoyed it! But then again I am just your mother. Hey, mother or not, I know good when I read it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...