She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

More of Ze Grande Tour.

How's about I squoinch a few more photos of my apartment on here ta'day?

How's that for a word: 'squoinch'. I'm not exactly sure how I came up with that one? Perhaps a mixture of squish, oink and pinch?... You figure out how that works.

All I know is that it has so many perfect uses in so many, many circumstances...


Here's da bathroom. For kind of a tight fit, I feel like I've got a pretty good balance goin' on in here. I found the candle sconces at D.I. for a buck a piece, the black shelf at D.I. for a dolla, stole the candles from my mom, the three glass jars to hold Q-tips/cotton balls/cotton pads at The Dollar Store, the purple berry wreath out of a junk pile for free, the frog hand soap dispenser as a birthday gift, the toothbrush holder from The Dollar Store, the jewelry containers as gifts, the hair accessory tower from D.I. for (you guessed it) one buckaroo, the basket on the tank of the toilet from Da Twinneh and *phew* the towels as gifts.


Therefore, according to my calculations, this room cost me a whopping: $10.

And now for ze bedroom.


First off, I can't be held accountable for the lack of frames/photos on that wall.

However, I will take credit for it's future glory. That, my friends, I purchased (almost entirely honestly) from the D.I. for $2. The frames were also thrift finds and rest assured, I have two additional frames and five adorable 5x7s to fill them as soon as I move back after the break. If you're good, I'll show you the finished product.

But the breakdown: the paper lanterns were $.75 each at the D.I., the reversible comforter was a gift (pardon the messy bed... that's twice now! I'm going to hell...), the sheet set was purchased for a ridiculously good price from JC Penney online and the pillows were all stolen from my parent's house. Well... almost all.

I cry to think of the number of pillows they've had to purchase to make up for my fetish. Okay. Not really cry, per say.

I may be laughing on the outside but on the inside, I'm crying.


My brother and sister-in-law gave me the TV out of pity (I love pity gifts!), the wall sconce and candle were from the D.I., the reversible word wood blocks I featured HERE, the cutest-flower-lamp-in-existence my sister bought for me at IKEA, the bead curtains I got for $2 at DEB and the other knick-knacks I probably either got as gifts, from The Dollar Store or (you know it) the D.I.

Are we sensing a pattern here?...


The butterfly chair was a spur-of-the-moment purchase at Walmart for $20 and the clock $5. Ah, to be young and impulsive again. Wait...

You can't really see it so well here, but there's a little green wooden sign over my closet that says 'WHATEVER'. It's pretty much my pride and joy.

I'm tellin' ya people. EVERYTHING is at the D.I.
So long as you're brave enough to sift through the crap.

So... that's about it. I've 'squoinched' (eh?... eh?... :D) in everything I can think of. What do you think of my humble abode?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...