She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby Steps

Back by popular demand, today I will be introducing 'Things to Fear', part II. To begin, allow me to introduce Exhibit A:
one of the latest Savage Chickens comics.


Ya see? So many, many things to be concerned about.
My nightmares are starting to multiply.

And I haven't even mentioned Exhibit B:
Bob Wiley & Dr. Leo Marvin from one of the most hilarious movies ever made--> What About Bob?. *Excuse the Tourette's.*



Such words of wisdom.
My new philosophy: "If I fake it, then I don't have it."

I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful...

But in all seriousness.
I recently discovered that I have developed a new and completely validated worry.

I live in constant fear of running over a kitten.

I'm sure you can relate. One minute, you're drivin' along, mindin' your own business and then all of a sudden, *gulp* you hit a small speed bump with fur.

Mind you, I've never personally experienced such horrors (unless you count that kamikaze pheasant that flew into my passenger side door out of nowhere).

Or that poor little sparrow that I may-or-may-not have accidentally clothes-lined in an effort to swerve out of his path...

But even imagining something so gruesome is enough!

Imagine. Could there possibly be anything more dramatic?
I mean, a kitten! One of God's most adorable creations. A kitten never did anything to you! How can a person ever come to terms with life after mowing down something so entirely innocent and completely undeserving of such a fate?...

That's right! I'm talking to the monster's who ran down Cheeto, Frito and poor little Josephine-Tangerine. MURDERERS!

I hope that, one day, while trying to cross the street in the dead of night, you are shown the same courtesy that you have shown them.

Now they're in kitty heaven...

Sidenote: rest assured, my new philosophy (*see above*) won't help out much when it comes to my new and completely validated worry.

I have no intentions of proving that theory.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...