She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 'Spit'ting Image of Nasty

Spitting is the most disgusting habit on the whole dang planet.

I'm not talking about when, while mowing the lawn, a stray bug flies in your mouth and, in the process of doing everything humanly possible to remove it, you end up spewing a bit.

That is completely justified. (I would know.)

And of course I don't include babies and their adorable drooly little selves. That's just cute.

I'm talking about greasy teenagers who hack a loogie in the hall on their way to gym. About drawling hicks who persist in spattering the ground with their nasty habit and the filthy side effects of chew tobacco. Of baggy-bum-boys who think it's 'cool' or 'tough' to splutter every step of their life.

And don't tell me that you have an overactive salivary gland! What a lame excuse.

Even cartoon characters can't pull it off without making me cringe.



No one likes you Gaston! Don't let them fool you.
I don't care how 'especially good at expectorating' you are.

Gah.
Makes me spit to think of all the spitting going on 'round here.
-or-
I'm so mad that I could spit nails!

Take your pick.

Last week, I spent two hours one morning making four quadruple batches (yep, that's enough for 40 kids plus some) of play dough at work. I love my job. :)


P.S. Blue food coloring stains fingers. ---> Learned the hard way.


The number of play dough balls came out exactly even with the number of kids, so that was quite serendipitous.

It was fun to teach all those youngsters my favorite play dough shapes like rolling the whole piece into a long snake then spiraling it into a swirly. Or taking half of the mass and forming it into a little bird's nest then rolling the remaining pieces into tiny eggs that sit inside.

*sigh* Such reminiscent moments.

After all, who needs all those new-fangled contraptions? You don't need any to have fun.

Use some imagination!

Make a bird foot.
Some traffic cones.
A rubber chicken.

...and if all else fails...

A projectile to hurl at the nearest spitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wanting to know where you work? Looks like fun!!!

Corinner-Elly said...

I work at Wymount Terrace (the student family housing) on BYU campus. It is pretty much the best job ever. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...