She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Monday, July 19, 2010

CDO. It's Alphabetical.

So... remember how I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Not really but kind of.

But hey, wait-a-sec-unt. What does that even mean?

According to the source of all unverified information (Wikipedia) which I accessed via the ultimate source of all knowledge (Google), OCD (IN case you were wondering) can be defined as:

"An disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce anxiety, by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing anxiety, or by a combination of such thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions). Symptoms may include repetitive hand-washing; extensive hoarding; preoccupation with aggressive impulses or with particular religious beliefs; aversion to odd numbers; and nervous habits, such as opening a door and closing it a certain number of times before one enters or leaves a room. These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming, and often cause severe emotional and economic loss. The acts of those who have OCD may appear paranoid and come across to others as psychotic. However, OCD sufferers generally recognize their thoughts and subsequent actions as irrational, and they may become further distressed by this realization."

Hold the phone... now that's just creepy.
Have they been watching me?

Psh!... I'm just joshin' ya.
(Which reminds me. Who is Josh and what did he do to earn this reputation?)

That doesn't sound like me, right?
Come on. I don't really have strange thoughts. That often...

And I am never repetitively redundant.

Except for, you know, straightening things to 90° angles.
Wiping dust specks from various surfaces.
Checking Hotmail, then Blogger, then Gmail, then Facebook.
In that order...

Okay, fine! But at least I don't have an aversion to odd numbers! That's something at least!

 

The great thing about kids is they don't care how much of a whack job you are! I'm living proof.

This is why I was willing to spend several hours last week (along with my ever faithful boss) filling water balloons. And I didn't even get very upset when they kept popping in my face.

Together, we filled four of these 5-gallon ice cream buckets, a whopping total of 150 aqua bombs. I think I deserve an award. And... the check?


I hauled two of the containers over to the designated area, along with various other water toys and treats, with the help of a moving dolly. It took all of two seconds before they were gone.

Suddenly, there were twenty kids closing in, staring me down with those Bambi eyes.

"Don't worry, don't worry." I assured them, "I'll go grab the re-enforcements from the office."

Walking back, I once again reflected on how cool my job really is. Little did I know that the entirety of my day would consist of water balloons, Otter Pops and ice-cream cones.
Yah. You read that right.

"Hey look!" they all screamed upon my return, "The lady's back!"


It pretty much made my day.

And you know what? I didn't even obsess about picking up all of those teensy-weensy balloon shards.

You can applaud later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...