She goes around in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy.

Friday, July 9, 2010

But It's My Burf-Day!

Well. What's done is done.
I have now reached the ripe old age of twenty-one.

But don't cry for me Argentina. I had the bestest b-day eva! (Aside from being asked 50 billion times if I was headed to Vegas and warned a similar amount regarding drunk driving.)

Cool it people. I can't even chew gum & walk at the same time.

Upon being asked what I wanted to do this year, my original thoughts included Lagoon, inevitable motion sickness and foot-long corn dogs. (In that order, preferably.)

But, sadly, due to a poor sibling population and a lack of available friends (what the heck, friends whatsoever), I was forced to research an alternate course of action.

It's not right for a woman to read.
Soon she starts getting ideas and thinking...

And thus, a PLAN was hatched!
Being the big nerd that I am, I compiled a list of local museums in the Salt Lake area with the help of my very good friend, Google Maps. He and I plotted a course and scheduled the itinerary for my big adventure.

Yes. You read that right.
For my 21st birthday, I went on a Museum-Trip-O-Awesomeness.

I never said that I was normal.

I blame this propensity towards the preservation of history on my mom. Who, unsurprisingly, has noticed that she provides an exceedingly large amount of content for my blog fodder.
Lucky duck.

Growing up, we never had cable and therefore, I was forced to watch unhealthy amounts of Antiques Roadshow, Nova, National Geographic, Nature and other such wholesome programming on the standard antenna channels. When I did move out and finally basked for the first time in the glory of cable, to my chagrin, I was drawn to the same types of shows. *curse you mother!*

 So now, I must admit, when I think of the world's greatest road trip, I picture traveling to the country's tastiest hot dog/corn dog shacks while visiting all of the ghost towns of the old west and stopping at every museum/gala/expose along the way.

Doesn't that sound wonderful? ... Never mind.
Only a select few share my vision.

And they have yet to be found.

The first birthday stop (other than McDonald's) was the Museum of Nat-ural History. *wink* Mom, Gem n' I meandered through the bug, geology, anthropology, etc. exhibits until we stumbled upon THIS.


Isn't he *beautiful*? Look at his cute little face. So full of character.
I told Gem I wanted him for a pet.
She asked if I liked my arms attached to my body.


And then, as if the very world were to explode from cuteness, I saw this adorable little fella'. Don't you just want to pet him all over? *sigh*

What I wouldn't give to have lived during the Mesozoic Age.
(Which includes my arms, apparently.)


Hehe. This guy just makes me laugh.
He needs a word bubble that says "Whaaa??..."


This one's pretty cute too. :) My partner in 'mocking' crime.
Cuz', let's face it. Making fun of people/things is fun ta do.

Next, was the Art Museum on U of U's campus.
I knew I was in enemy territory as soon at the front desk attendant announced he'd have to charge me double (on a free day none-the-less) after finding out I was a BYU student.

Pfft. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, ya know.


This is my best impression of the oh-so-classic art museum head 'tilt'. (Ah... NOW I see it.)


Is it safe to assume that this may very well be the literal translation of 'butthead'?...

Our touring time was limited, so we finished off the field-trip at the Tracy Aviary and headed back to happy valley for some shoppin' and dinin' with 'da twinneh'. (Leavin' off the 'g' never gets old...) I made off with quite the haul.


I'm still not sure what to think of these. 'Da twinneh' and Gem tricked me into purchasing them even though I'm fairly certain they make my feet look like gleaming-metallic snake skin duck flippers. What the heck. I'd pay (and have paid) $3.00 to see that.


And I can't forget the perfect ending to a perfect day.
Chicken Wings.

I could write sonnets to their glory. (Despite the 'so-called' horror stories surrounding Sizzler's salad bar. I simply couldn't resist.)

So now you know.
In case you haven't purchased my gift yet. I would like:
  • A man-eating relative of the pre-historic crocodile.
  • A cable subscription.
  • A 'world-greatest-roadtrip' fund.
  • A life.
Yup. That about sums it up.

3 comments:

Shandi said...

Ok, we are two peas in a pod (minus the shoes.) I LOVE museums, Antiques Roadshow, the Discovery Channel, your mom, and ancient/modern/foreign civilizations in general! After all, I did major in humanities. Long live the imaginative and resourceful few!

Corinner-Elly said...

Hehehe...
Your mom...

I don't think that was intentional. :D

Vee said...

I realize this is quite an old post, but since I'm a newbie to your blog, I just ran across it. I stand in amazment that no one made the obvious comment on the 2nd pic of a cute little guy at the museum(or maybe it was deleted)Feel free to delete this comment if your heart desires, but I'm sure you'll get a chuckle first...It looks like a giant prehistoric SPERM!!! Admit it!! It does, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...